Monday, December 26, 2011

GRATITUDE - December 26, 2011

"I AM GRATEFUL FOR AN OUTSTANDING TEAM OF RADIATION DOCTORS & TECHNICIANS."

100 years ago, or even 30-40 years ago, under similar circumstances, I most likely would not have been around this long after CANCER diagnosis.  The technology is amazing and although the treatment process is not in my top ten cool experiences in life, I AM GRATEFUL for the technology and skilled treatment I received to "burn" out the CANCER cells in my lymph nodes and tonsils. 


I had a special "custom" mask created to strap me down to a metal table. so I wouldn't - couldn't move my head during a 15 minute blast of radiation treatment...every day, five days a week for seven weeks.  Had a target drawn on the side, in black marker pen, designating where the affected lymph nodes were.  Very claustrophobic experience...God forbid that you should get an itch on your nose.  Arms and legs strapped down at the same time...you are really not going anywhere.


I AM GRATEFUL for the personal will power I conjured from somewhere, to not freak out for 15 really, really long minuets, immobile, alone in a dark, lead-lined room inside of a radiation tube.


Mostly, I AM GRATEFUL to be here to write this blog today.


rlw


QUOTE:   "Being GRATEFUL turns bad things into good things.  Having problems at work?  Be grateful you have work. Be grateful you have challenges and that life isn't boring.  Be grateful that you can learn from these challenges.  Be thankful they make you a stronger person."


VIDEO:  WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?


Take the poll at the bottom of the page.  What are you most grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment