Wednesday, December 28, 2011

GRATITUDE - December 28, 2011

I AM GRATEFUL FOR MY ABILITY TO HEAR.

However, for those unfortunate souls that have to repeat (repeating, slowly enunciating and a bit louder while looking right at me) after hearing me say, "Say again"... this may seem like a strange Gratitude.


Too many years of loud Rock - n - Roll did  their damage.  Being 60 something probably didn't help much either.  Without the gift of hearing I would have never had heard:


*  "I love you."
*  The first cry of my new born children
*  "I will never forget you."
*  O Mio Babbino Caro
*  "Thank you, Dad."
*  My children's name announced, as they strode across the stage to receive thir    diplomas.
*  "...and the winner is....."
*  My daughter's beautiful cello performances and the applause, as she left the stage.
*  "We are going to have a baby."
*  Adagio for Strings - Samuel Barber played at my Moms's funeral
*  "Hey Dad, you are going to be a Grandfather!"
*   "Amazing Grace - Scottish Bagpipers" in honor of my Mom (I still cry every time)
*  "I am proud of you."
*   My band - Another Day in Paradise /House of the Rising Sun with my daughter singing, my wife on keyboards, me on bass.
*  ... and so much more


I finally got hearing aids this past year as a gift to my family, giving me yet another Gratitude - the gift of Silence.  When the noise, chatter, and annoying noises of everyday life overwhelm me  - unlike others - I can just tune it out by taking them out and instantly enjoy the bliss of solitude.


rlw

"When you are grateful it will remind you to think of and thank others.  The simple act telling someone "Thank You" can make a huge difference in someone's life.  Do you know the feeling when your efforts are ignored?  People like being appreciated for what they do and what they mean in your life. 

It takes one second and a costs you nothing - the value is enormous. When you make someone happy, you are happy...no downside."

VIDEO:   GRATITUDE - FINISH STRONG


Take the poll at the bottom of the page.  What are you most Grateful for?

-        Robert Welton: Twitter              Follow me on Twitter

-        Robert Welton: FaceBook            Follow me on FaceBook

-        Robert Welton: LinkedIn                   Follow me on LinkedIn


·        My Blogs              

   

-       http://sunriseandtime.blogspot.com/   

-       http://robertweltonremembers.blogspot.com/

-       http://robertweltonanotherdayinparadise.blogspot.com/

-       http://gratitude-alittlegoesalongway.blogspot.com/       

-       http://rwelton.hubpages.com/

        Write Your Own Hub


    No comments:

    Post a Comment