Thursday, December 13, 2012

GRATITUDE - December 13, 2012

 
I AM GRATEFUL FOR FINDING LONG LOST PHOTOS AND VIDEOS OF OUR FAMILY TRIP TO THE GRAND CANYON.

Sunrise over Grand Canyon
View from cabin window
The bunny always tagged along


Cabin view snow melting
Same cabin view 1 hour later
A non-snowing moment at the cabin
This was the perfect family vacation in 2008.  We had the extra treat of several day's snowfall while we were there.

 It started snowing on our shuttle ride into the park and by the time we arrived at our cabin, there were several inches of snow. 

We really wanted to stay in the park at one of the cabins.  I made reservations a year in advance and when I finally got through the first hour the reservation office started taking reservations for the 'following year', there was one cabin left,  right on the rim...literally about 20' from the canyon edge...totally cool. 

The Grand Canyon has magnificent scenery, but alternating snow, fog, bright sunlight, cloud backgrounds, etc. made it a photo op dream.

In my ongoing battle with technology, I thought I had accidently erased everything off my computer, but today I just found an unnamed file in an old external drive with several shots from that 'lost' vacation, as well as a slew of video files. 

 
I am redeamed. Somewhat. And thankful.

Indian heiroglyphs on the float trip










Beautiful Sarah at Canyon Sunrise
Float trip on the Colorado River
 rlw

18 days left in 2012
 

  




-      Robert Welton: Twitter                     

-        Robert Welton: FaceBook 

-        Robert Welton: LinkedIn          

 

·        My Blogs              




-       http://gratitude-alittlegoesalongway.blogspot.com/          


        Write Your Own Hub

 

YouTube


http://www.youtube.com/user/aaasportsstuff

No comments:

Post a Comment