Monday, December 17, 2012

GRATITUDE - Decermber 17, 2012

I AM GRATEFUL FOR EXPERIENCING THE PRIVILEGE OF BEING A FATHER.


Traded the matching 450 SLs in the driveway and the trips to Aruba and Paris in exchange for braces, soccer cleats and ballet shoes.  Great trade.  I win.  Being a parent is a great lesson in humility, love and tolerance and, although not all moments are cheery (say, mostly between the ages of 13-17), the package is well worth the diapers, baby vomit on your back, tears, ninja-turtle costumes and dress-up parties.

I have a thousand fond moments to recall and about three times that in photos to remind me after the last chick flees the nest. 

One by one, they crawl to the edge of the twigs and jump.  I am not looking forward to the last one leaving, but I proudly love it when they soar away like eagles.

Lise and I have lots to do and many places to go, but recent events have reminded me, once again,  how lucky I am to have had the outstanding privilege to experience being a father, graced with four great children.

Thankful -

rlw

  -      Robert Welton: Twitter                     

-        Robert Welton: FaceBook 

-        Robert Welton: LinkedIn          

 

·        My Blogs              




-       http://gratitude-alittlegoesalongway.blogspot.com/          


        Write Your Own Hub

 

YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/user/aaasportsstuff

No comments:

Post a Comment