Wednesday, December 19, 2012

GRATITUDE - December 19, 2012

I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE TIME TO PARTICIPATE IN A WORTHY COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT.

This experience has been on my to-do list for years, but I was not successful in carving out the time to participate in Christmas Holiday assistance to my community's needful families.  This year, due to time allowed by retiring, I am able to do this.

The Stanford Settlement has, for many years, offered community programs and assistance to the less fortunate families in our community.  The annual food drive is just one of many programs that provide asistance to children, seniors and families in need.

They are very successful in their Holiday Food Drive, named Operation Cratchet,  and I have been able to assist with some free time this week.  Nothing very glamerous; sorting donated canned goods into like-item boxes to build a holiday food basket for needy area families.  The donated food is stacked to the ceiling many rows deep and it all gets distributed.  This is a real, tangible, way to help people and I am thankful I have gotten the opportiunity to be a small part of the mission.

rlw


  -      Robert Welton: Twitter                     

-        Robert Welton: FaceBook 

-        Robert Welton: LinkedIn          

 

·        My Blogs              




-       http://gratitude-alittlegoesalongway.blogspot.com/          


        Write Your Own Hub

 

YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/user/aaasportsstuff

No comments:

Post a Comment