Wednesday, August 15, 2012

GRATITUDE - August 15, 2012

I AM GRATEFUL FOR PERSEVERANCE.

We all must have characteristics that we like and some we con't care for so much.  I would have to say that a strong point in my favor is perseverance.  Have had my fair share of tribulations and going through Cancer treatment - chemo and radiation - is the experience I disliked the most.  There were moments when I didn't think I could continue on one more day.  

But I did, to my benefit.  

There is so much more to my life now, having not only survived the experience, but hopefully learned a bit more about my character in the process

"Never, Ever, Ever Give Up". - Winston Churchill

“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”   -  Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture


Sometimes lessons in bravery and perseverance arrive on four legs -- sometimes on two. A pit bull puppy named London taught himself to walk on only his hind legs after an accident deprived him of his front two. His caretaker in Vancouver, Wash. said she could tell the pooch knew a “different journey” awaited him, adapted to his loss and took renewed joy in everyday pleasures. “He gets around by scooting his body using his hind legs, and if he needs to steady himself he uses his face as a frontal tripod support,” she said. “He plays, he’s happy, he enjoys rolling in the grass just as any able-body canine would."


rlw


-        Robert Welton: Twitter                     
-        Robert Welton: FaceBook 
-        Robert Welton: LinkedIn          

·        My Blogs              
-       http://gratitude-alittlegoesalongway.blogspot.com/          
        Write Your Own Hub

YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/aaasportsstuff


No comments:

Post a Comment