Saturday, August 4, 2012

GRATITUDE - August 4, 2012

I AM GRATEFUL FOR ARRIVING AT THE AGE AND POSITION OF CONFIDENCE WHERE OTHER'S OPINIONS DON'T MATTER SO MUCH.


It isn't like I am the old lady wearing purple with a red hat and too much lipstick...but, now that I don't do the peacock thing daily with suit and tie to meet with business staff hoping to impress and make a sale...I've found a new level of comfort in daily life.  


Living in shorts, tee-shirts and sandals with a wild-hair ponytail suits me just fine. There is no one left to impress, no peer group that dictates my dress code or my expressed opinions, no interactive social network I feel compelled to participate in daily, no regular daily schedule to keep, etc.  


I do wish to stay healthy and fit, however, but that is just for me.  Lifting weights daily now with some moderate exercise (damn, I am so sore today) and I just bought a month's unlimited pass to a Hatha Yoga class to give it a try.


Note:  My teen daughter has a belated birthday party today, with a sleepover for 6 teen girls.  Will keep a count of how many times I hear "Oh My God"...  I think this must be a term of deity endearment, as most of the responses I get when giving parental instruction to my daughter re: clean up the area you just left, turn off the light, pick up clothes, re-hang towel, feed the cat, no texting after midnight...la, la, la is standardly answered by "OMG, Dad - Please".  Just sayin'....


"Did you ever see an unhappy horse? Did you ever see a bird that
had the blues? One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is
because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses."

  - Dale Carnegie

rlw


-        Robert Welton: Twitter                     
-        Robert Welton: FaceBook 
-        Robert Welton: LinkedIn          

·        My Blogs              
-       http://gratitude-alittlegoesalongway.blogspot.com/          
        Write Your Own Hub

YouTube




No comments:

Post a Comment