Tuesday, September 11, 2012

GRATITUDE - September 11, 2012


I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE COURAGE TO CHANGE MY LOOK.

I must be getting relaxed a bit with the Cancer recovery issue.  During the chemo process in 2008, I lost all my hair on my face and head.  I also lost 35 lbs, so my gaunt, prison-camp look affected me mentally, as well as visually.  So, when my hair did start to grow back, I decided not to get my hair cut or shave, being thankful that the hair was actually growing.  Once I started playing bass guitar, the 70's ponytail rock-star image overtook me and I was content.

 
 Now at my four-year anniversary of the end of Cancer treatment, the past few years seems like a blur.  The desire to keep the hair (thinning by the hour) has been diminishing (with each graying strand landing in the sink).  I enthusiastically did embrace the Buffalo Bill Cody look for a few years and now will switch to the Bruce Willis/Die Hard look.  'Yippie...............'.

I hope I can still play rock-n-roll.

rlw









  -      Robert Welton: Twitter                   

-        Robert Welton: FaceBook 
-        Robert Welton: LinkedIn          

·        My Blogs              
-       http://gratitude-alittlegoesalongway.blogspot.com/          
        Write Your Own Hub

YouTube



No comments:

Post a Comment