Saturday, October 27, 2012

GRATITUDE - October 27, 2012

I AM GRATEFUL FOR MY LEGS AND FEET AND THE ABILITY TO WALK.

I have been working on our rental house for the past few days.  Lifting a lot of heavy objects.  My feet ache.  My legs are sore and my right knee is killing me.  I rub both legs and knees down with heat rub each evening. My stairs are a challenge.  Yet, I am grateful that I can walk and move about as I wish.

Didn't think about it at all today except for the negative thoughts of soreness....until, on the way home tonight, about a block from my house, I passed by a woman parked on the street, trying to get her wheelchair into the car.  It had tipped over and she couldn't lean out of the driver's seat far enough to get it upright. 

I stopped and walked over to her car and offered my help.  Once we got it upright, she did everything herself with just one hand.  the wheels popped off and the seat part folded quite easily.  One piece at a time, she dismantled the wheelchair and pulled it with her left hand over the steering wheel to the passenger seat and stacked it.  Took less than a minute.  She was admirably independent, but had not counted on the wheelchair falling over.

As I drove away, the soreness in my knees and legs suddenly became a blessing. 

rlw

  -      Robert Welton: Twitter                     

-        Robert Welton: FaceBook 

-        Robert Welton: LinkedIn          

 

·        My Blogs              




-       http://gratitude-alittlegoesalongway.blogspot.com/          


        Write Your Own Hub

 

YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/user/aaasportsstuff

No comments:

Post a Comment