Monday, October 8, 2012

GRATITUDE - October 8, 2012

I AM GRATEFUL FOR MY WIFE.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Seventeen years and some days ago, I had the great fortune to meet Lise Loeffler.  I was a single Dad, unemployed and had less than zero dollars.  I moved into a four-plex in midtown Sacramento, downstairs unit on the left.  Lise lived in the upstairs unit on the right. 

With three boys I had multiple challenges with keeping them in clean clothes.  The tiny complex had one washer and dryer for all the units.  I often forgot the clothes and sometimes comeback to find them piled on the ground by another frustrated tenant.  Soon I found them placed neatly on top of the dryer and I knew there was an angel in the complex.

Never good at opening lines, I would hear her coming down the stairs and watch out the front door peephole, until she got to the bottom landing, and then "coincidentally" pop-out to 'check my mail'.  Several lame inquires about my untility bill didn't scare her off.

Fast forward many years....I am truly a lucky man.

Today is her birthday...cursed with being forever young.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! SONG

much love

rlw
 

  -      Robert Welton: Twitter                     

-        Robert Welton: FaceBook 

-        Robert Welton: LinkedIn          

 

·        My Blogs              




-       http://gratitude-alittlegoesalongway.blogspot.com/          


        Write Your Own Hub

 

YouTube






No comments:

Post a Comment