Friday, July 20, 2012

GRATITUDE - July 20, 2012

I AM GRATEFUL FOR AN OCCASIONAL GUILT-FREE NAP.


Alarm goes off a bit before 6 am.  I am already awake. I am the first one up each day.  No work for me, so it is the dutiful husband-father gig.  I do the alarm-off, lights-on, good mornings to the sleepy-heads, blinds open... make breakfast and lunch for the cat and for those heading out to school/summer camp or work (none of those are me) and a latte with a chocolate swirl design floating on top, for my spouse.  


The up-side is that, as they make a running-behind (pretty much always) dash for the door, the cat and I are heading to the couch to stretch out and "rest our eyes" for just a minute.  


Today it was for two hours.


Previous versions of 'normal' circumstances, I would be appalled and guilt-ridden.


Current version of 'normal', I just feel refreshed.  


I am not late for anything. 


And, oh yes,  I am grateful.

rlw




  -      Robert Welton: Twitter                     
-        Robert Welton: FaceBook 
-        Robert Welton: LinkedIn          

·        My Blogs              
-       http://gratitude-alittlegoesalongway.blogspot.com/          
        Write Your Own Hub

YouTube




No comments:

Post a Comment