Saturday, July 21, 2012

GRATITUDE - July 21, 2012

I AM GRATEFUL FOR NOT HAVING A JOB THAT REQUIRES ME TO BE OUTSIDE TODAY.

Actually, I don't have a job that requires me to do anything. 


Actually, I don't have a job at all.


Supposed to be 106 degrees today and I am not a fan of summertime heat.  I am, however a big fan of A/C.  Worked in the yard (my personal resort) a bit this morning.  It is a great place to be with a cup of coffee in the early a.m. (up at 5:30 a.m. today) and in most evenings, just before sunset with a glass of Merlot.


I recently feared the hot weather worst when we went on our Zion/Bryce adventure.  The outside temperature gauge on the car said it was 109, as we pulled into St. George, Utah.  Can't fathom being the Mormon faithful sent there to develop the area for growing cotton in 1861 with a pony, a pick and a bag of grits.  There was, most assuredly, no A/C in the adobe hut community.  Fortunately, it cooled down for us and the rest of the week was pleasant.


Gave our garden and all the plants a big drink...worked mostly in the shade and called it a day at noon.  Lots of inside projects awaiting.  Supposed to be in the 100 degree range for the rest of the week.  Did I say I wasn't a fan of heat yet?

rlw



  -      Robert Welton: Twitter                     
-        Robert Welton: FaceBook 
-        Robert Welton: LinkedIn          

·        My Blogs              
-       http://gratitude-alittlegoesalongway.blogspot.com/          
        Write Your Own Hub

YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment